Do you need a basic digital multimeter for electrical tests? If you are Hobbyist or DIYers enthusiast, then Fluke 101 is perfect multimeter for you. This multimeter can measure, voltages, resistance, continuity, capacitance and frequency. It also can be used by commercial electricians, but Fluke 101 is a great tool for home users. Read this fluke 101 review to know the details.
Related: Best multimeter for HVAC
Fluke is one of the famous multimeter brands on the market. It produces different types of multimeters. The Fluke 101 is a simple but high performing digital pocket multimeter. It is sturdily built and comes with a display screen for showing results. The device is CAT III 600 V safety rated. Other excellent features that it offers to the user include automatic shutoff, auto-ranging, and data hold function.
Technical Features of the Fluke 101 Multimeter
|True RMS :||Yes|
|volts AC(Range):||600.0 mV
|volts AC(Resolution):||0.1 mV
|volts DC(Range):||6.000 V
|volts DC(Resolution):||0.001 V
|volts DC(Accuracy):||0.5%±3 digit|
|Resistance Ohms(Range):||400.0 Ω
|Resistance Ohms(Resolution):||0.1 Ω
|Resistance Ohms(Accuracy):||0.5 %±3 digit
0.5 %±2 digit
0.5 %±2 digit
0.5 %±2 digit
0.5 %±2 digit
|Duty Cycle(Range):||0.1 % to 99.9 %|
|Duty Cycle(Resolution):||0.1 %|
|Drop Test Requirements:||-10°C and 1 meter to surface, per IEC-61010-1, and Fluke SOP 39.1 for portable Hand-held equipment|
|Storage temperature:||-30 °C to +60 °C|
|Operating temperature:||0 °C to +40 °C|
|Operating Humidity:||Non condensing (<10 °C)
<=90% RH (at 10 °C to 30 °C)
<=75% RH (at 30 °C to 40 °C)
|Vibration Requirements:||MIL-PRF-28800F, Class 2|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price On Amazon|
Fluke 101 review (Video):
In addition, the Fluke 101 multimeter is lightweight and very easy to carry or keep. Due to its compact design, it can easily fit in tight areas and makes using it to be simple.
The Fluke 101 provides accurate readings and it is offered at a great price. This is a great tool for newbies, DIYers, and startup electricians. So, what kind of features included in this multimeter?
Related: Best Automotive Multimeter Reviews
Features of the Fluke 101 digital multimeter
- Rugged construction
- Compact design
- LCD screen
- CAT III 600 V safety rating
- Data hold function
- Automatic shutdown
- Weighs 160g
- Intelligent magnetic versatile strap
Why buy Fluke 101 basic digital multimeter?
- Rugged and durable design – this multimeter is sturdily constructed for longevity. The strong plastic casing can survive some drops during work. So, you can rely on this DMM to serve you for several years before you acquire another device.
- Lightweight multimeter – the electrical work is not easy as it involves holding the device for long as you take tests. As a result, the manufacturer made this digital multimeter to be light so that you can have a simple time using it. The multimeter only weighs 160g which is lightweight.
- LCD screen – for easy reading of results, this multimeter has an LCD display screen for showing results. This makes it easy for the user to read the different tests taken by the multimeter. The LCD is large enough to clearly show the results.
- Easy to use – the device is very easy to use just like the Fluke 115 model. First of all, it is comfortable to handle in your hands and you won’t have a hard time using it. It has clear signs indicated on the knob and the buttons for easy use.
Hence, you won’t need a reference or help to use this electrical gadget. Simply place the leads in their right places and carry out tests on different electrical appliances.
- Accurate results – the Fluke 101 multimeter might be simple and cheap, but it still provides the user with accurate readings. Use it to test volts, ohms, and resistance.
- Automatic shutoff – this feature helps the multimeter to save power. When the meter is left idle for long, it will shut down on its own, so that it can save power.
- Compact design – with a compact design, you can use this multimeter in the tightest of places. Performing electrical tests is not easy as most of the wires or devices such as air conditioners are installed in tricky places.
- Safe to use – it is CAT III 600 V safety rated. This implies that the user can test a wider range of applications and testing without any fear. It is safe to use and a secure investment.
- Easy to carry – since it weighs just 160g, this is not a heavy device and carrying it from one place to another or during use shouldn’t be a burden at all. You can also use it for long hours without tiring. Put it in your backpack, pocket or tie the magnetic versatile strap on your belt when not using the device.
- Favorable price – with such amazing features, this digital multimeter is offered at a very great price. Nevertheless, it still performs well by delivering different test results, but at a bit slower rate than the high-end multimeters.
- There is no warranty provided outside of China. It’s like it was made for just the Chinese market.
- The multimeter is a bit slow as it takes time to read results
Is Fluke 101 is a portable basic pocket multimeter?
In the past, multimeters were sophisticated tools that could only be used by professional electricians and engineers. But today, multimeters can be used by novice electricians or even DIY enthusiasts. There are multimeters that are complicated to use and should only be used by experts, and there are those that come with easy to use features. Fluke 101 is a great basic portable multimeter. These normally perform the basic functions of multimeters such as testing volts, ohms, and resistance. Such multimeters are offered by brands like Fluke and many others. I hope this Fluke 101 review article has given a clear idea about this multimeter.
The Fluke 101 multimeter is a simple but outstanding DMM. It has easy to use features and provides the user with accurate results. Its rugged construction makes it be durable and reliable for longer use. The device is safe to use and very easy to carry or keep. At such a great price, the Fluke 101 meter can be a great addition to the tools of an electrician. Also, it is ideal for beginners and DIYers as they won’t have a hard time utilizing the device.
Summary of Contents