Klein multimeters are one of the best and are offered at a great price when compared to brands like Fluke. Prior to acquiring a Klein multimeter, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself first. These are: Is the multimeter suitable for my job? Does it have the features that I need? And can it be used for other jobs? These are some of the questions that a person should answer first before setting out to search for a multimeter. Are Klein multimeters good or suitable for me? Read this Klein Multimeter review article to get a clear idea about this brand meter.
Klein is a great multimeter for Beginners, DIYers, Hobbyist, Students or Novic Electricians. This brand multimeter is very cheap and perfectly suited for those type users. But, if you are a professional electrician, then you should select Fluke like Fluke 179 multimeter.
Summary of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Best Klein Multimeter Comparison Chart
- 2 Top Rated Klein Multimeter Review 2018
Top 5 Best Klein Multimeter Comparison Chart
|Editor's ChoiceCheck Price||Klein Tools CL800 AC/DC Auto-Ranging 600 Amp Digital Clamp Meter|
|600Ω - 60MΩ||1000V AC; 1000V DC||600A||Medium|
|Pro ChoiceCheck Price||Klein Tools MM700 Auto-Ranging 1000V Digital Multimeter|
|400Ω - 40MΩ||1000V AC; 1000V DC||10A||High|
|Budget ChoiceCheck Price||Klein Tools MM400 Auto Ranging Digital Multimeter|
|400Ω - 40MΩ||400mV - 600V||10A||Low|
|Student ChoiceCheck Price||Klein Tools 69149 Electrical Test Kit|
|Protable UseCheck Price||Klein Tools MM500 Auto Ranging Multimeter|
|4000Ω||1.5V - 600V||10A||Lowest|
Klein digital multimeters are sturdily built and accurate too. The brand has different models for different uses and kinds of people. Whether you need a Klein multimeter for residential, commerical or fieldwork, they are all available. Here are the best 5 Klein tools multimeter on the market.
Top Rated Klein Multimeter Review 2018
Klein tool is known for its durable, reliable and affordable digital multimeters.
Since selecting the best can be a problem, we’ve picked out the ones that have higher ratings on online with exceptional features. These have been discussed further as follows:
Klein Tools CL800 digital clamp meter(Our Top Pick)
The simple but featured packed Klein tool is suitable for both industrial and home use. It is compactly created for harsh use and easy handling. The large LCD display makes reading of results to be simple and quick.
The auto-ranging feature enables the device to provide accurate measurements. In addition, it has a thermocouple probe that allows it to measure temperature and thus making it suitable for use by HVAC technicians. Also, it meets several safety ratings and has a double insulation. Use it to test frequency, current, capacitance, voltage and continuity.
- CAT IV 600V and CAT III 1000V
- Thermocouple probe
- Large LCD display
- Low impedance mode
- Carrying handle
- Test leads
- It is compact in design for easy use and to fit in tight places
- It has a large LCD display for easy reading of outcomes from tests
- The carrying handles makes it easy to maneuver with the multimeter
- CL800 has auto ranging feature for accuracy
- It is safe to use with the double insulation
- It has a low impedance mode that figures out and removes ghost voltages
Klein Tools MM700 digital multimeter
This is a versatile multimeter tool with simple to use features. It has the capability to measure current, voltage, resistance, frequency, diodes, temperature, current, continuity and duty cycles. The large display has a backlit feature that enables readings to be made even in poorly lit places.
It has an auto hold feature that allows the user to save the readings and write them down later. The low impedance mode is for identifying and getting rid of ghost voltages. With such features, this is a nice multimeter for startup as well as enthusiastic electricians.
- Durable construction
- Automatic ranging
- Low impedance mode
- Large LCD display
- Auto hold
- CAT IV 600 V/ CAT 1000 V safety rating
- Measures frequency, voltage, resistance, temperature, current, duty cycle, continuity and diodes
- It is sturdily created for longevity
- It is simple to use
- Has a large display that is backlit and can be used even in dark areas
- Has auto ranging for accurate readings
- It is safe to use
Klein Tools MM400 digital multimeter
Designed by electricians for electricians, the Klein MM400 model is a precise and reliable multimeter device. This is because of the wide range of features that the device comes with. Top features include: CAT III 600 v safety rating, auto ranging and measures voltage, current and resistance. Also, it has a huge display screen with a backlit background that is lit on to show readings in dim or dark areas.
The digital meter can be held with much ease due to its compact design and has an auto hold features to save readings. If you want to know details then check this klein mm400 review article.
- CAT III 600 V safety rated
- Compact design
- Auto hold
- LCD display with backlight
- Low battery indicator
- Shock resistant
- Measures temperature, frequency, voltage, resistance, continuity, diode test and resistance
- It is strongly built for longer use
- It has a large display for easy reading of values displayed
- Has a backlight display to allow reading in dark places
- Comes with a low battery indicator that alerts the user in advance
- It is strongly built withstand a 3.3 inch drop and daily wear and tear experienced at work
- Easy to use and handle
Klein Tools 69149 electrical test kit
For individuals looking for a safe and easy to use multimeter, the Klein 69149 is a great tool to utilize. It is sturdily constructed and can withstand the hard conditions of fieldwork. In addition, it has a large display for showing the outcomes and an auto shut off feature for extending the battery power.
It can be used by electricians to carry out different tests like current, resistance, frequency, voltage, and many others. With the double insulation and CAT III 600 V safety ratings, this tool is safe to use at home or for commercial purposes.
- Sturdy build
- Large display screen
- Auto hold on
- Auto shut off
- Double insulation
- CAT III 600 V safety rating
- Receptacle tester
- Warning tones
- The multimeter is sturdily built to serve the user for a long period
- It has an auto hold feature that saves readings to be written down later
- The large display screen is for showing the readings obtained from test conducted
- It has an auto shut off feature that prolongs the battery life
- The warning tones help you know when the voltage is detected
Klein Tool MM500 digital Multimeter
Last on our list of the best Klein multimeter devices is the Klein tool MM500. Just like the other Klein tools, this is a versatile meter with simple features.
It is sturdily created and has the ability to survive in tough conditions. The multimeter has excellent freatures like auto ranging, and True RMS that are very important to a professional electrician. When you drop this meter during work from 3 meters and below, it is hard for it to crash and thus can be relied on for long term use.
- Durable construction
- CAT IV safety rating for 600v
- Auto ranging
- True RMS
- 3 Meter drop protection
- Display screen
- Dust and waterproof
- It is durably constructed for longevity
- It has a display screen for simple viewing of results
- MM500 is able to resist crashing from 3 meters and below
- It is dust and waterproof which means it can withstand harsh conditions
- Has auto ranging features to provide accurate outcomes
Klien has another popular and quality model. It is called Klein mm600 multimeter.
It is not easy to find a digital multimeter tool of your choice as there are so many to choose from. But if you select from the Klein brand, you can be certain to get a quality multimeter at a favorable price. The above Klein multimeter review article has showed you some of the best Klein multimeters that suit different needs for different electricians. Select one that you feel is the right for you or your budget.