Why use different tools to perform various electrical tests if you can find them in one tool? That’s what you get when you purchase the Fluke 179 digital multimeter device. The 179 multimeter is much better than the low-price Fluke 117 Electricians’ multimeter. Read this Fluke 179 review to know more about this Fluke multimeter.
Summary of Contents
Digital Multimeter Fluke 179 Review
The Fluke 179 is an industrial-grade digital multimeter. It has the ability to test and troubleshoot various functions. These include voltage, resistance, continuity, temperature, etc. Moreover, the DMM is strongly built for longer use. It has a robust plastic casing and sturdy lead tests made from silicone. Also, the hook clips are sturdily made. Features like a display screen, backlight, safety standards, and sturdy casing make using this multimeter fun and enjoyable. It always provides accurate readings.
Technical Features of the Fluke 179 true RMS multimeter:
Fluke 179 Multimeter
|-30°C to +60°C
|-10°C to +50°C
|Humidity (without condensation):
|0% – 90% (0°C – 35°C)
0% – 70% (35°C -50°C)
|EN 61010-1 to 1000 V CAT III
EN 61010-1 to 600 V CAT IV
|Alkaline ~200 hours typical, without backlight
|3.5 x 7.3 x 1.7 inches
|Manual and automatic ranging:
|Check Today’s Price On Amazon
Multimeters have evolved over the years to offer us what we have today. There is a wide range of multimeters on the market with varying features. Some multimeters are cheap, while others are very costly. It all depends on your needs and budget. If you are a DIY enthusiast, there is no need to acquire a versatile multimeter, as you will only be carrying out the basic tests. But for industrial use, you need a feature-packed and versatile digital multimeter.
Fluke 179 Features:
- Built-in thermometer
- Rugged construction
- LCD display with backlight
- Silicone test leads
- Heavy-duty hook clips
- Meets current safety standards
- TL224 SureGrip Insulated test leads
- Installed 9V battery
- 80BK-A integrated DMM temperature probe
- Durable carrying case
- Lifetime limited warranty free from defects in material and workmanship
Why buy Fluke 179 Multimeter?
If you have been looking for a digital multimeter device that will last for many years, then this is the device for you. The Fluke 179 digital multimeter is a sturdily built device. This is from its body to test leads and other parts. Also, the carrying case is strong and lightweight.
Even though this multimeter combo kit has a wide range of features and functions, it is very easy to use. The LCD screen that it comes with easily displays the results, and it can be read in darkness as it comes with a backlight. All the buttons and ports are clearly indicated for easy use and insertion of the test leads.
Safe to use
There is nothing to worry about when using the Fluke 179 multimeter. This is because it meets all the current safety standards. So, you won’t be putting your life or that of the device in danger when you use it. Simply follow the safety precautions, and you will enjoy using this multimeter.
Easy to carry
One of the challenges that electricians face is handling the multimeter. Some multimeters are heavy or large and thus very difficult to handle during use. This is not the case with the Fluke 179 DMM, as it is lightweight and compact in design. On top of that, it comes with a durable carrying case that is used to keep the device safe after use.
Versatile in use
A good number of multimeters on the market just perform the basic functions—this forces electricians to carry separate instruments for measuring different tests and troubleshooting. But with the 179 DMM, you can test volts, ohms, resistance, and even temperature. This is because it comes with a built-in thermometer that enables you to conduct temperature readings.
Despite performing several tasks in one single device, the Fluke 179 digital multimeter provides the user with accurate results always. Simply connect the leads in their right port and follow the instructions. The manual has different languages that help different people easily understand the multimeter. The languages are Spanish, French, English, and Portuguese.
It is very fast
Unlike the low-end multimeters, the 179 model from Fluke provides the user with quick results. The moment you connect the test leads, it will just take a few seconds, and you will be able to read the volts or ohms of the electrical device.
One of the advantages of acquiring this gadget is that the manufacturer offers a lifetime limited warranty on defects in material and workmanship. The warranty is not transferable. Thus, you can be certain that you are dealing with a reliable brand that has full trust in its products.
The Fluke 179 digital multimeter is known for its reliability and precision, but like any product, it has its drawbacks. Here are some potential cons:
- Price: The Fluke 179 is generally more expensive than many other multimeters on the market, which might be a consideration for hobbyists or those with a limited budget.
- Complexity for Beginners: Its advanced features and functionalities might be overwhelming for beginners or those who need a multimeter for basic tasks.
- Size and Weight: It is relatively larger and heavier than some of its competitors, which might be a concern for users who need a compact tool for tight spaces or prolonged handheld use.
- Lack of Certain Advanced Features: While it is well-equipped, it may lack certain highly specialized features found in more expensive or specialized models, which might be a requirement for certain professional applications.
- Battery Life: Depending on usage, the battery life might not be as long-lasting as some users expect, leading to the need for frequent replacements.
The ruggedly built Fluke 179 multimeter performs exceptionally well. It has a wide range of features and can even be used to test the temperature. The multimeter has a large display screen that is the backlight. Hence, it can be used in a dark area. The test leads and probes are durably constructed for longevity. It is fast and delivers accurate readings. The Fluke 179 multimeter has a sturdy and lightweight carrying case for secure storage of the device. It meets all the latest safety standards and has a lifetime limited warranty. For those who want a reliable and strong DMM, the Fluke 179 is their best choice.
Fluke 179 RMS Meter-Common Users Queries
- Is the TPAK magnet hanger kit included with the accessories?
Yes. If you don’t get it, contact the seller.
- Does the device beep while checking the continuity?
Yes, it features an audible continuity beeping system.
- Is the Fluke 179 multimeter suited for beginners?
Yes, but I would recommend a basic scanner as the price of this unit is quite high. This multimeter is ideal for at least advanced DIYers.
- Where is the Fluke 179 multimeter made?
Most of the parts are made in different countries in Asia and the UK, but those parts are assembled in the USA.
- Is a carrying case included?
Yes, but the case is not sturdily made.
- Is the Fluke 179 multimeter battery operated?
Yes, the device has a 9V battery, which is included in the package.
- Does the tool have a non-contact voltage warning system?
No, you must be cautious while testing the live circuits.
- What is the maximum voltage measurement range?
Still, have a question after reading this Fluke 179 review? Comment below.