Are you a HVAC technician or a hobbyist electrician? Then, if you happen to fall in one of these categories, you know how vital it is to have a quality digital multimeter. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a pro or just a beginner in the HVAC field, but having a reliable and quality HVAC meter is really important if you want to determine frequency, resistance, voltage and temperature while at work. Different Multimeter brands have come up with all kinds of multimeters suited for their specific needs. There are digital multimeters for automotive, home, electronics and HVAC. Depending on where you major, you can choose a meter that meets your needs. So, how to find the best Hvac Multimeter? We understand that there are lots of multimeters on the market and selecting the best can mean a huge difference. For this reason, we have created this review to help HVAC specialists to find a multimeter that meets their difference needs.
Top 4 Hvac Multimeter comparison Table
|Editors ChoiceCheck Price||Fieldpiece HS33 Expandable Manual Ranging Stick Multimeter for HVAC/R
(1.0% rdg + 4 dgts)
|600V AC – 600V DC||20 A|
|Budget ChoiceCheck Price||Fluke 116/323 KIT HVAC Multimeter and Clamp Meter Combo Kit
|up to 40 kΩ||600V AC – 600V DC||up to 400 A|
|Check Price||Digital Clamp Meter, Tacklife CM02A 600 Amp TRMS 6000 Counts NCV with AC Current AC/DC Voltage Test Temperature Measure Auto-Ranging Multimeter
|6000Ω||600V AC – 600V DC||600 A|
|Check Price||UEi Test Instruments DL369 Digital Clamp-On Meter
|40MΩ||750V AC – 1000V DC||400 A|
Most of the HVAC digital meters come with a temperature gauge feature. This prevents HVAC technicians from carrying additional tools for measuring temperature as they can get it in one tool which is the HVAC multimeter.
The 4 best HVAC multimeter reviews
Beginners in electronics repair and other electrical problems can have a hard time selecting a multimeter of their choice. Due to this, we decided to come up with the best 4 hvac multimeters on the market at the moment.
Fieldpiece HS33 multimeter for HVAC
The Fieldpiece HS33 meter is a quality tool with top features that make testing of temperature, frequency and resistance to be quick and easy. It is made up of various features such as data hold, high voltage and continuity indicator and built in non-contact voltage that makes this meter to be simply amazing. That’s why it is a favorite among HVAC specialists.
Why this hvac multimeter?
- It is ergonomically designed to fit excellently in the hands of a user for simple use
- It has features like the magnetic hanger and detachable test leads that allow the user to operate the device hands-free.
- It can withstand tough situations with its rugged rubberized bumpers
- It comes with an easy to read display
Fluke 116/323 kit hvac multimeter
Made from one of the most reliable brands on the market, the Fluke 116/323 hvac meter is a durable and accurate meter. The multimeter and clamp meter combo kit measures 400 A ac current, 600 v ac and dc voltage. It is lightweight and very easy to carry. The rugged design offers resistance to harsh environment and the display is for showing outcomes of different tests such as temperature.
Why this hvac multimeter?
- It has a rugged design for longevity
- C115 deluxe soft carrying case with shoulder strap makes maneuvering with the tool to be simple
- It has visible and easy to use features
- 400 A ac current measurement, 600 v ac and dc voltage measurement is just exceptional
- Large display screen easily shows the results for the user to view
Tacklife CM02A autoranging multimeter
If you’re looking for a hvac multimeter that can troubleshoot both automotive and household electrical issues, this is the best option. The Tacklife CM02A is built for versatile use and can measure temperature and other things like frequency and resistance. The large display screen makes viewing of test outcomes to be easy. Professionals as well as DIY can use it.
Why this hvac multimeter?
- The multimeter is very easy to use. This is because of its true RMS shown on the large backlit LCD screen.
- The meter can be used for a number of household and automotive electrical issues
- It is very safe to use with the insulated test probes and plastic gripping.
- Operating the meter is very easy as it has an auto-shut off features that shuts down the meter when it is not in use for some time.
UEi Test instruments DL369 clamp on meter
Listed as the #1 best seller on Amazon in current clamps, this is one of the best hvac multimeter. It is compactly built and can operate without contact. Other outstanding features that it offers include: data hold, auto shut off, dual display, test lead storage, and duty cycle, among others. Besides having exceptional features, this meter is also reliable and accurate.
Check Amazon To View Current Pricing & Availability
Why this hvac multimeter?
- Has a storage pouch and carrying handle
- It is compactly created to withstand hard conditions
- It is safe for use
- The manufacturer offers a three year limited warranty
What to look for in Hvac multimeters
There are various things to consider when picking a quality hvac meter and they are as follows:
- Construction –go for a hvac multimeter tool that is durably made to withstand tough conditions. While at work, a meter can easily slide from the hand and fall down. To avoid it from crashing, you should acquire a well constructed meter that is shock resistance and sturdily built.
- Ease of use – if you are new to multimeters, it is important that you choose a hvac meter that you can use with very little trouble. There are some hvac digital meters that are very difficult to use and need professionals to handle them. If you’re just an electronics enthusiast, you can acquire a less complicated and simple to use meter.
- Accuracy – another feature to look at is whether the hvac multimeter you are planning to acquire is accurate or not. With so many meters on sale, ensure that you get one that provides accurate results.
- Lightweight – having a meter that is lightweight is crucial. Since you will have to carry the tool with you almost everywhere at your work area, it should be lightweight and not a burden to you.
- Features – different meters possess different features. When picking a hvac multimeter, ensure that it offers features that will help you to accurately measure temperature, resistance and frequency. Make sure that the hvac multimeter that you purchase has temperature gauge tester and other useful features that make your work to be easy.
- Brand – there are several brands on the market. Despite this, not all brands offer accurate results. Some offer very costly products while others provide feature packed tools. Fluke, UEi, Fieldpiece, Craftsman, Mastech meters and Klein are some of the best brands. Buying from these brands can almost guarantee great performance.
- Price – there are lowly priced hvac digital meters and highly priced hvac digital meters. When picking a multimeter of your choice, do not heavily base on their initial cost. As long as the multimeter has the features that you’re looking for and is from a notable brand, then you can acquire it. But there are multimeters with advanced features and perform more than just one task. These are costly but worth the price.
- Warranty – finally, considering if the multimeter tool offers warranty or not is as well of great importance. A warranty guarantees the user of support in case the hvac multimeter has an issue or if it is received with damage.
With various forms of HVAC multimeters on the market, you should identify one that has the features that suit your work and it should be within your range. Also, the multimeter should come from a notable brand and be compact in design. The information we have provided above should be of great use to you and guide you on how to select your next exceptional hvac digital multimeter.