If you want to test your air conditioner, appliances, inverters, power in sockets, solar panels, and much more, you can use the Klein CL800 digital clamp multimeter. This is a versatile and sturdy multimeter tool that tests different functions. Also, it is easy to analyze the multimeter readings with its 6000-count LCD display. Read this Klein CL800 review to know more about this clamp meter.
Technical Specifications of the Klein tools cl800 digital clamp meter
|Display:||6000 Count LCD|
|Voltage:||1000V AC; 1000V DC|
|Frequency:||1Hz – 50 KHz|
|Temperature Range:||-14° – 1000°F (-26° – 538°C)|
|Current:||600AMP AC; 600A DC|
|Frequency:||1Hz – 500 KHz|
|Drop Protection:||6.6 ft (2 m)|
|Special Features:||Features Low Battery Indicator|
|Batteries:||2 AAA batteries are required. (included)|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Even though there are different types of multimeters on the market, not all of them provide accurate readings. It is important to ensure that you buy a reliable multimeter that can test the functions that you want it to. Check the features of the multimeter and consider your budget. Some low-quality multimeters are worthless buying as they won’t do the job or function for long. It’s better that you buy a multimeter from a reliable brand such as Klein.
Summary of Contents
Clamp Meter Klein CL800 Review 2022
Of all the affordable Klein Auto ranging digital multimeters that I have used, I have come to love the Klein cl 800 multimeter. This is not only a versatile tool with lots of features, but it also provides quick and accurate readings. It is sleekly designed and has a clamp for easy attachment around cables or holding in hand. This multimeter device is safe for use and has a large backlight display screen for easy reading of test results. Also, it has a thermocouple probe that tests temperature. Besides temperature, it also measures capacitance, frequency, voltage, resistance, continuity, tests diodes, duty-cycle, test leads, and low impedance. But note that Klein mm600 or Auto-ranging Klein mm400 isn’t a Clamp meter.
Features of Klein cl 800 clamp multimeter
- Auto-ranging TRMS technology
- Thermocouple probe
- CAT IV 600V/CAT III 1000V/CLASS 2/ Double insulation safety rating
- Low impedance mode
- LCD screen with backlight
- Sturdy body
- Powered by 2 x AAA batteries
- Sturdy carrying case
- Measures voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, frequency, temperature, test diodes, continuity, etc.
Why use the Klein cl 800 digital multimeter?
- It is sturdily built – made from a hard plastic material; this is a quality device that will survive the hard and tough surroundings that engineers and electricians face on a day-to-day basis. Cl800 can resist impact and will several the user for several years.
Related article: Klein VS Fluke: which multimeter brand should you choose in 2022?
- It is very easy to use – the Klein cl 800 DMM comes with an easy-to-use interface. The dial buttons are clear and easy to use. Furthermore, it has a large display screen that is backlit and allows the user to read results in dark places or dimly lit places.
- The multimeter is safe – a multimeter is a device that should be used in the right way as just a small mistake can cause damage. The Klein cl 800 DMM meets CAT IV 600V, CAT III 1000V, Class 2, and double insulation safety ratings. Also, its durable body protects this device every time it accidentally drops.
- It comes with a carrying case for easy storage – the multimeter has a sturdy carrying case for easy storage and carrying of the device when it is not in use. Also, the carry case helps to keep the multimeter safe and from being damaged.
- Performs various tests – if you want to measure different functions, this is the right digital multimeter for you. It can measure AC/DC voltage, resistance, frequency, continuity, capacitance, temperature, and test diodes.
- Accurate and fast reading – some devices are very slow in reading different functions. This is not the case with Klein cl 800 multimeter as it reads very fast, and at the same time, it provides accurate results.
- Compact and comfortable device – using this multimeter isn’t a problem at all. It fits well in hand, and the user will definitely feel comfortable when using it. You can hold the clamp or the device itself during use.
Related article: Check the reviews of top-selling Automotive multimeters in 2022
- Lightweight multimeter – moving with the multimeter around isn’t a problem at all as it is lightweight. It has a weight of 12.5 ounces which is lighter than the Craftsman digital multimeter. Hence, you can carry it without any difficulty around the work area or as you travel from one place to another.
- Reliable device – made by a notable brand, this multimeter tool can be relied on to deliver quality results for many years. Klein is one of the oldest brands and is trusted by many engineers and electricians.
Shortcomings of the Klein cl800 clamp DMM
- Performing some tests is a bit challenging as the device usually makes some jumps in the voltage that takes place when it is tapped. For 100% accurate readings, you should use a Fluke 289 True RMS Logging multimeter.
- Testing continuity takes time, and this might annoy you if you are in a hurry or have many tests to take care of.
The Klein cl800 digital multimeter comes with a wide range of features that make it be versatile in use. It has a strong build and easy to use interface. The large LCD screen makes the results’ reading easier and quicker than the Fluke 101 basic portable pocket multimeter. The clamp meters are comfortable to handle due to their compact design, and they can easily fit in tight places. With such outstanding features and strong construction, this is a great digital multimeter for long-term use. It is suitable for DIYers as well as professional engineers and electricians.